Product Management Intern
DaCast is an innovator in the field of online video streaming, both live and on-demand. We deliver a highly integrated, Streaming as a Service video platform that enables content producers to take total control of their online video through a white label platform with built-in revenue capabilities. Our SaaS platform removes traditional barriers and enables users to start streaming content over the cloud and monetizing it very rapidly.
DaCast is headquartered in San Francisco, California with an office in London (UK) and additional operations in the Philippines.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will be helping us deliver new features and improvements to our live streaming and video on demand platform. You’ll be learning how to be a product manager while helping us deliver things to our customers. We’ll need you to be hard-working, sharp and adaptable because product management is a cross-functional role with hard-to-define edges. That means there’s a lot of variety and you get to interact with all aspects of the business. It won’t be easy and there’s a lot to learn but if you’ve got the right disposition then you’ll see why product managers love the job. We need an analytical problem-solving type — someone who takes things apart just to see how they work and is motivated to get involved in whatever moves the needle. If this sounds exciting to you (and maybe just a tiny bit scary!) then you might be the person for the job.
We need you to:
- Help us turn user requirements into software specifications
- Testing and validating ideas so we know we’re building the right thing
- Create mockups/prototypes and ensure requirements are understood by all
- Work with engineers to get things built
- Test the product to ensure it meets requirements and provides a good experience
- Direct your own work and ensure you’re always pushing towards our goals
You will have:
- Some knowledge of technology or marketing
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity to quality — you must know when something is just right
- Sensitivity to poor experience — you must be able to empathise with, and advocate for, customers
- Analytical nature and attention to detail, especially when it comes to testing and quality assurance
You might have:
- A university degree
- Design skills and/or proficiency with software like Photoshop or Sketch
- Prior experience working in technology or marketing
- Knowledge and experience of video hosting, streaming, encoding, etc.
- Experience working with a SaaS company
DaCast is looking for someone who is willing to start as soon as possible.
San Francisco, United States
The position is a paid full time internship and will last for 12 months. The stipend is $1500/month.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us about yourself.