You have the ability to download Dacast video on demand files directly from the Back Office as a file on your own device. In this article, we will guide you through downloading VOD files directly from your Dacast account.
How to Download Video on Demand Files from the Dacast Platform
STEP 1: Select Video
Under the “Videos” section click on the video you want to download.
STEP 2: Prepare to Download
Locate the download button in the general tab of your video as shown below:
STEP 3: Download Video
Click on the “Download” button and your file will be automatically downloaded on your device.
Please note that the default format for VOD file downloading is mp4. Once downloaded, you will see your video file at the bottom of your window as shown below:
You will now be able to find the VOD file in your device and watch, share or rename it. Wondering how to record and download your live streams? Take a look at our live stream recording tutorial.
If you want to give your viewers the option to download a video, you can add the download option in just a few simple steps.
It is easy to habilitate the download option for your viewers, you will have to enable the download option.
If you want to apply this to all of your current and future videos, you’ll have to enable download in the “Theming” section of the “Settings” tab:
To enable download for a specific video, go to “Videos” and then “Theming”:
Any questions or you want to access this feature? Please contact us. Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 30 days? Sign up today to get started.
- What Does VOD Stand For?
- Top 5 VOD Platforms for Online Video Hosting: A Comparison
- AVOD: Definitive Guide to Ad-Based Video on Demand
- SVOD: Everything You Need to Know About Subscription Video On Demand
- Pay-Per-View Streaming: The Basics of TVOD
- VOD Streaming: The Premier Content Delivery Strategy
- How to Build Your Video On Demand Platform
- How to Organize Dacast VOD Content in the New Back Office
- Walkthrough: Video On Demand (VOD) Streaming