Dacast starts 2019 with a new upgraded Paywall, which offers all our Premium plans and above more advanced video monetization features.
What are the biggest advantages of Dacast’s paywall?
- Group pricing: Sell one ticket and give access to multiple content options (VODs, Live, Package, etc.)
- Powerful subscription system: as Netflix does, offer your customers a recurring pricing with several frequencies available
- Multiple currencies: more than 135 currencies available. If you do not see your currency in the list, just ask us.
- Multi-language interfaces: choose among 10 different languages when using the paywall
- Video Preview: Promote an event by showing a video teaser on the paywall
- Live event support for your viewers: Via our professional services, contact us if you are interested
- Hosted event pages: Via our professional services, contact us if you are interested)
Like the legacy paywall, Dacast’s paywall is secure, fully white-label, and with unlimited prices and promo codes for all your video content.
Frequently asked questions on Dacast’s paywall
Who can access Dacast’s paywall?
- Free trials
- Premium plans and above
- Event plans superior and equal to $600
How to use Dacast’s paywall?
This guide will explain the following:
- Where do I set up the paywall in my Dacast account?
- What is the monetization section in my Dacast account?
- How to set a price for my video content?
- Per content
- Using the batch drop-down menu
- How to apply a promo code to my price per content?
- What is and how to set up group pricing?
- How to apply a promo code to my group pricing?
- How to edit or delete a price, group pricing or promo code?
- How to select the payment method available for my viewers?
- How to customize my paywall?
- How to add a video preview to my paywall?
- Revenue Analytics
1. Where do I set up the paywall in my account?
- In the monetization tab for your chosen video content:
- In the batch configure drop-down menu on the homepage of my Dacast account:
- In the monetization section on the left side menu:
2. What is the monetization section in my Dacast account?
This section gathers all the main options available for managing the video monetization, including:
- Creation of group prices and group promo codes (section “dashboard” – cf 5. What is and how to set up group pricing?)
- Customization of your paywall using paywall theme (section “dashboard”)
- Access to your Pay Per Views and Subscriptions balance lines (section “dashboard”)
- Access to your saved Pay per view/Subscriptions/Promo codes presets (section “dashboard” – cf – 3. How to set up a price for my video content? “Note on the preset” )
- Access to your balance (section “Balance”)
- Payment requests and managing your payment settings (sections “Payment requests”/”Payment settings”)
8. How to select the payment method for my viewers?
In the MONETIZATION section > PAYMENT SETTINGS
Select allowable viewer payment method. This can be via Credit Card, PayPal, or both. Please note that PayPal has limited currency options. For more information, contact us.
9. How to customize my paywall?
In the MONETIZATION section > DASHBOARD > THEME CUSTOMIZATION TAB
Edit within the paywall:
- the button colors
- the button text colors
Edit within the Log-in/Sign-up form:
- the button color
- the primary colors
- the header color
- decide whether or not to display your log on top of the form with “toggle logo”
Rename your theme, and save it. Note that in this section you can edit an already created paywall theme.
You will then find your theme in the monetization tab sorted by content. Select it from the drop-down menu in order to apply that theme.
10. How to add a video preview to my paywall?
The video preview needs to be an uploaded VOD within your Dacast account.
Step 1/ Select the ID number of your VOD. Find ID number in the description section of your VOD.
Step 2/ Paste the ID number in the video preview section of the monetization tab.
Still have questions?
Check out our FAQs dedicated to Dacast’s paywall.