Senior Backend Engineer
Dacast is an innovator in the field of online video streaming, both live and on-demand. We deliver a highly integrated, Streaming as a Service video platform that enables content producers to take total control of their online video through a white-label platform with built-in revenue capabilities. Our SaaS platform removes traditional barriers and enables users to start streaming content over the cloud and monetizing it very rapidly.
Dacast is headquartered in San Francisco, California with an office in London (UK) and additional operations in the Philippines.
Our Engineering team’s mission is to build a ubiquitous multimedia streaming platform that provides industry-leading experience to users around the world.
We Achieve Excellence through innovation Quality, Commitment, Teamwork, and hiring High-Quality engineers. We currently have an engineering presence in the USA, UK, Colombia, and France.
As part of our global engineering expansion, we are looking to build a center of Engineering excellence in France to expand our expertise in Hyper-Scale cloud infrastructure, Video Encoding, Video Players, Web Front-end development, and Testing and Automation.
About the role:
The senior Backend Engineer position is a key and influential position within Dacast engineering. It is a great opportunity to architect, design, and implement cloud infrastructure to support video streaming applications on a global scale. The ideal candidate for this position should have prior experience in designing and implementing large-scale cloud infrastructure and have an excellent track record on on-time delivery. Passion for scale and quality is an essential ingredient to be successful in our nimble yet massively independent team. The person must be a self-starter and has the ability to operate with minimum or no supervision.
Essential responsibilities and duties:
- Architect, Design, and Implement new features.
- Participate in Innovation. Come up with ideas and suggestions that differentiate Dacast from the competition.
- Mentor junior and new engineers.
- Review code.
- Coding in GoLang.
- Troubleshooting and working on customer-reported defects.
- Answer questions from the support team.
- Proactively Identify scaling and performance bottlenecks of the platform and address them or come up with proposals to solve them.
- Collaborate with other engineers and the product management team.
- Education: Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Computer Science (desired).
- 10+ Years of Experience.
- 5+ years of Experience in programming in one of the following: GoLang, Python, Java, or similar language.
- Experience in AWS, Lambda functions desired.
- Experience in Microservices and Kubernetes.
- Experience in database technologies such as SQL, Casandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Experience in Linux OS.
- Experience in Docker technology and builds.
How to apply: Drop us an email at email@example.com with your resume and tell us about yourself. Please make sure that your resume is in English.