Senior Backend Engineer
Dacast is a leading online streaming and video provider who has been consistently selected as a leader in “Over the Top” streaming.
Current environment of virtual presence has offered a tremendous opportunity to Dacast and we have seen double-digit growth over the last 12 months.
Dacast is headquartered in San Francisco CA, with offices in UK and France.
Our Engineering team’s mission is to build a ubiquitous multimedia streaming platform that provides industry-leading experience to users around the world.
We Achieve Excellence through innovation Quality, Commitment, Teamwork, and hiring High-Quality engineers. We currently have an engineering presence in the USA, UK, Colombia, and France.
As part of our global engineering expansion, we are looking to build a center of Engineering excellence in France to expand our expertise in Hyper-Scale cloud infrastructure, Video Encoding, Video Players, Web Frontend development, and Testing and Automation.
About the role:
Senior Backend Engineer position is a key and influential position within Dacast engineering. It is a great opportunity to architect, design, and implement cloud infrastructure to support video streaming applications on a global scale. The Ideal candidate for this position should have prior experience in designing and implementing large-scale cloud infrastructure and have an excellent track record on on-time delivery. Passion for scale and quality is an essential ingredient to be successful in our nimble yet massively independent team. The person must be a self-starter and has the ability to operate with minimum or no supervision.
Essential responsibilities and duties:
- Architect, Design, and Implement new features.
- Participate in Innovation. Come up with ideas and suggestions that differentiate Dacast from the competition.
- Mentor junior and new engineers.
- Review code.
- Coding in GoLang.
- Troubleshooting and work on customer-reported defects.
- Answer questions from the support team.
- Proactively Identify scaling and performance bottlenecks of the platform and address them or come up with proposals to solve them.
- Collaborate with other engineers and the product management team.
- Education: Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Computer Science (desired).
- 10+ Years of Experience.
- 5+ years of Experience in programming in one of the following: GoLang, Python, Java, or similar language.
- Experience in AWS, Lambda functions desired.
- Experience in Microservices and Kubernetes.
- Experience in database technologies such as: SQL, Casandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Experience in Linux OS.
- Experience in Docker technology and builds.
How to apply: Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us about yourself.