Principal Website and Portal Engineer
Dacast is a leading online streaming and video provider who has been consistently selected as a leader in “Over the Top” streaming.
The current environment of virtual presence has offered a tremendous opportunity to Dacast and we have seen double-digit growth over the last 12 months.
Dacast is headquartered in San Francisco CA, with offices in UK and France.
Our Engineering team’s mission is to build a ubiquitous multimedia streaming platform that provides industry-leading experience to users around the world.
We Achieve Excellence through innovation Quality, Commitment, Teamwork, and hiring High-Quality engineers. We currently have an engineering presence in USA, UK, Colombia, and France.
As part of our global engineering expansion, we are looking to build a center of Engineering excellence in France to expand our expertise in Hyper-Scale cloud infrastructure, Video Encoding, Video Players, Web Front-end development, and Testing and Automation.
About the role:
As part of our expansion, we are continuously improving our website and platform portal with leading technologies to improve user experience. Our website is the primary gateway to attract new customers. Platform portal is a self-service portal to our cloud platform. Our streaming platform is a full-service multi-tenant platform that includes, multi-users, billing, content management, platform integration with value-added providers, and Open APIs. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who likes to build and take pride in accomplishments. We use cutting-edge technologies such a Function As A Service, Key-Value Databases such as DynamoDB and Casandra, Distributed caching, Indexing services such as Algolia, Elasticsearch, Cloud scale monitoring, etc.
As the Principal Website and Platform portal Engineer of our Engineering team, you will be taking the lead in Architecting, Designing, and Optimizing our Website and Platform portal to serve the growing needs. You will also be responsible for guiding and mentoring other engineers in the organization and providing strategic technical suggestions to the VP of Engineering and other executives of the company.
- You have been a principal member of building a largescale website and/or feature-rich cloud platform portal
- You have over 15+ Years of experience in the industry
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in Website / Cloud platform portal
- You have designed and implemented a Website with improved user experience in mind
- You have built a cloud platform portal with self-service
- You are an expert in modern website and portal architecture
- You are an expert in modern website development technologies, tools, and programming languages
- You have experience in major cloud provider platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc..
- You have a passion for video streaming and huge plus (though not mandatory) having prior experience in Video streaming
Education: Master’s or Bachelors Degree in computer science (desired) or demonstratable achievements
How to apply: Drop us an email at email@example.com with your resume and tell us about yourself.