VP of Engineering
Dacast is a leading online streaming and video provider who has been consistently selected as a leader in “Over the Top” streaming.
The current environment of virtual presence has offered a tremendous opportunity to Dacast and we have seen double-digit growth over the last 12 months.
Dacast is headquartered in San Francisco CA, with offices in UK and France.
Our Engineering team’s mission is to build a ubiquitous multimedia streaming platform that provides industry-leading experience to users around the world.
We Achieve Excellence through innovation Quality, Commitment, Teamwork, and hiring High-Quality engineers. We currently have an engineering presence in USA, UK, Colombia, and France.
About the role:
We’re hiring a VP of Engineering. As a key member of our executive team, you will be the voice of engineering in key company strategic decisions.
You’ll be responsible for the health of our engineering organization by managing all engineers at Dacast, fostering professional growth, and building a vibrant technical culture. As a cloud-based platform, we are heavily integrated with multiple cloud partners including AWS, Limelight, Akamai, and others and you will be responsible for managing the relationships with these and any future partners. Finally, you’ll be responsible for scaling Dacast’s engineering organization, both by hiring new engineers and by implementing processes that enable us to grow sustainably.
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, small, and flat organization responsible for developing a high-growth platform. If you love streaming and are looking for an opportunity to directly see your work impact the business, this could be the role for you!
As VP Engineering you will,
- Build, lead and manage our engineering team.
- Build processes to help scale product, platform, and team for growth.
- Drive the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of Dacast technology, platform, and product development to support the business.
- Develop and manage our technical roadmap together with the Product team, while also ensuring that deadlines are met with minimal error.
- Evaluate our current architecture and oversee the implementation of new technologies.
- Collaborate with all other departments including product, design, business operations, marketing, customer success, and finance, as well as with leadership, stakeholders, and external partners.
- Help shape the company’s strategic direction.
You’ll be a great addition to the team if:
- You have 10+ years of professional software development experience.
- You are an exceptionally skilled and hungry engineer and problem solver.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- You can understand and articulate the design and architecture of the entire system.
- You are eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team.
- You feel comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Product, Operations, Marketing, etc.)
- You are a proactive self-starter.
- You are driven to learn new technologies.
- You are very experienced with Agile methodology.
- Passion for streaming is a huge plus.
You have a flexible management style with a primary approach of coaching and enabling strong engineering teams, while at the same time being able to engage directly when urgency is needed or teams are stalled.
Dacast provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.