If you want to make your video inaccessible, you must turn off the VOD or live stream.
How to Turn Off Streaming on VOD
In order to turn off Dacast live streaming or any VOD, you must navigate to the content and click “Description.” From there, you can toggle the VOD file, live stream, package or playlist to “Off” like so:
Doing so will not only make the video inaccessible but if the content was monetized, it will disable the paywall preventing future people from buying the content.
Turning Live Channels Back On
To make it clear, in the case of live channels, the stream will not automatically turn back on again once you start to stream through the encoder. You will have to go back into “Description” and manually toggle it “On” again before this will happen.
If you stream often and offer a free stream, we recommend just leaving the channel on to make it easy to begin streaming again during your event or programming.
- Why Dacast to Broadcast Live and Host your Online Video Content
- How to Setup Live Streaming Video on Your Website
- How to Create a Password-Protected Stream
- Are There Any Limitations on the Dacast Free Trial Account?
- Can I Stream Ad-Free with Dacast?