Can I Use My Own Payment Methods with the Dacast Paywall?
In terms of selling video content over the Dacast paywall, you have three options:
- Use the paywall that is built into the Dacast player.
- Use APIs to use another player, such as JW Player, and place the paywall in that way.
- Use a service that will let you layer a paywall over our video player, like Gumroad, and use referral restrictions to limit content access.
Please keep in mind that your viewers have the option to pay with a credit card and PayPal the Dacast paywall by default.
Types of Monetization Available with Dacast
As a quick refresher, there are three methods of monetization offered by Dacast: SVOD, TVOD, and AVOD.
SVOD is a subscription-based method that allows viewers to have unlimited access to a video library for as long as their subscription lasts. Subscriptions are typically weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
TVOD is most commonly known as pay-per-view. As the name suggests, viewers pay for what they want to watch.
AVOD refers to ad-based monetization. You have the option to serve ads on your content. Ads are funded by your advertisers, so rather than paying out of pocket, your viewers pay for the content with a minute or so of their time.
If you have any questions about this feature, please contact us any time,
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- What is Video Monetization?
- Video Monetization: The Ultimate Guide for Broadcasters
- How to Create Promo Codes and Prices
- How to Choose a Paywall Monetization Model
- How to Use the Dacast Paywall