What is Video Monetization and Is It Supported on Dacast’s Platform?
Yes! The Dacast Online Video Platform supports video monetization for both live and on demand content. What is video monetization?
Simply put video monetization is getting paid for the videos you publish online. Not so much for the creation, but rather when audiences view or download your content. The more people that watch the greater your earnings.
But how does it all work?
Broadcasters can generate revenue from their videos in a number of different ways. The most common include inserting ads, incorporating sponsors, offering subscriptions, or creating product or service reviews.
Types of Monetization Available with Dacast
Dacast supports the following monetization methods: Subscriptions, Pay-Per-View, and Ads-Insertion.
SVOD is a subscription-based method that allows viewers to have unlimited access to a video library for as long as their subscription lasts. Subscriptions are typically weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
TVOD is most commonly known as pay-per-view. As the name suggests, viewers pay for what they want to watch.
AVOD refers to ad-based monetization. You have the option to serve ads on your content. Ads are funded by your advertisers, so rather than paying out of pocket, your viewers pay for the content with a minute or so of their time.
How Do You Monetize Videos?
One of the easiest ways to get started with video monetization is by inserting ads or using suggested content links in your published media. Anyone who has ever watched a YouTube video will recognize this concept. As viewers engage with these sponsored links you earn income for each click or a percentage of completed affiliate sales.
Broadcasters can also look for sponsors and include targeted product placement throughout their content. With sponsors, you need to have a decent following to charge premium rates. However, if you cater to a specific audience or niche, brands will still pay good money for advertising (even with a smaller following). The key is ensuring any sponsors align with your site values and audience interest.
What is a Paywall?
A video paywall in your Dacast account gives you access to the main tools you need to monetize video content.
Some of the paywall functions include:
- Access to your saved pay-per-view/subscriptions/promo codes presets (section Presets of your Paywall
- Creation of price groups and promo codes (section Groups of your Paywall)
- Access to your Pay Per Views and Subscriptions balance lines (section Transactions of your Paywall)
- Access to your balance (section Withdrawals of your Paywall)
- Customization of your paywall using paywall themes (section Theming of your Paywall)
- Payment requests and managing your payment settings (sections Settings of your Paywall)
What are the Biggest Advantages of Dacasts paywall?
There are several advantages of using a secure paywall like the one offered with Dacast.
Some of the biggest Dacast paywall advantages include:
- Group pricing: Sell one ticket and give access to multiple content options (VODs, Live Streams, Playlists).
- Powerful subscription system: Offer your customers a recurring pricing option with several frequencies available.
- Multiple currencies: More than 135 currencies available. If you do not see your currency on the list, please contact us.
- Multi-language interfaces: Choose among 10 different languages when using the paywall.
- Video Preview: Promote an event by showing a video teaser on the paywall before your viewers purchase the content.
- Live event support for your viewers: One of our professional services (contact us if you are interested).
Dacasts paywall is secure, fully white-label, and offers unlimited prices and promo codes for all your video content.
Who Can Access Dacasts Paywall?
Dacasts paywall is available to users with the following plans:
- Free trials
- Scale plans and above
- Starter plans with the Paywall option ($75 per month/year)
- Event plans superior and equal to $750
Any questions or need help with the video monetization and paywall features? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- What does PPV stand for?
- How to Use Dacast’s Secure Paywall
- How to Use PPV on Dacast
- What’s the Difference Between Subscription and PPV?
- Does Dacast Charge Commission on Monetization?
- How to Set up a Price on Video Content
- How to Apply a Promo Code on Dacast
- How to Set up Group Pricing
- How to Apply a Promo Code to Group Pricing
- How to Edit or Delete a Price, Group Pricing or Promo Code
- How to Read Revenue Analytics