What is a player theme?
Dacast’s HTML5 video player is a white label player. This means there is no Dacast branding on it, thus having the capability to be tailored to one’s own preferences.
In addition to the above, our player theme allows you to brand the player with the choice of your own colours and watermark.
You can create as many player themes at you want, and use different themes for different videos. There is also the choice of customisation, creating your own custom player theme to be set up as a default for all your video content hosted in your Dacast account.
What can you do with the player theme?
With the player theme, you have the options of:
- Choosing the colours of the layout
- Adding your own logo
- Adding social share buttons
- New! Customize the offline error message.
How to create my own player theme?
1/ Access “PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION” under “PREFERENCES”
2/ Then, click on the “CREATE A NEW THEME” button.
The following window will pop-up so you can name your new player theme:
After completing this step, you can manage all the settings:
– Overlay Colour
– Share Buttons (please note that social share buttons are not included in the default theme)
– New! Customized error message :
- Choose the layout of the offline message on the player
- Write a tailored error message
- Change the font of the error message
- Change the colour of the error message
You can try many different settings.
3/ Make sure to click SAVE whenever you make a change in your player theme.
4/ Once all steps have been followed, click on PREVIEW to see what your final player theme looks like!