How to Upload Videos in Your Dacast Account?
Table of Contents
Wondering how to upload videos to your Dacast account? We’ve got you covered.
In this article, we will review where to upload videos in your Dacast account and the different upload methods available.
You can also watch our video here:
Where to find the uploader?
There are two options to find your videos uploader.
By clicking on the “Add+” button at the top of your left menu:
And selecting the “video” option in the dropdown as shown below:
Or you can also click on “Videos” on your left-hand menu:
And then by clicking on the “Upload Video” button available on your right-hand side, as shown below:
Note that Dacast offers 2 methods to upload your videos to your Dacast:
- Video uploader: select an individual or group of files from your device.
- Bulk upload: bulk selection of videos from an S3 bucket (AWS).
Subsequently, we will explain how to use these 2 methods.
Method 1: Video Uploader
After completing the previous steps, you see the following screen:
You will have two options to upload your videos:
- Drag and drop your file(s)
- Click on the “Browse Files” button to browse on your device.
Note that you can select Dacast standard encoding recipe or your own recipes by clicking on the dropdown as shown below.
To know more about encoding recipes (renditions and bitrates), check out this article.
While your videos are uploading, you will be able to perform different actions at the same time; like:
- Changing your video title as shown below.
- Multitasking: you can travel within the app as you like and keep working while your videos are uploading, without being stuck on the uploader page.
- Check out the progress of your uploads by clicking on the arrow icon of the uploading window, as shown below.
Once uploaded, you will be able to copy and paste your embed codes and share link by clicking on the copy icon as shown below.
Finally, you will be able to click on your videos from the uploader or the uploading window (as shown below) and edit your video metadata directly from there:
Method 2: Bulk Upload
This feature allows customers with this privilege to upload a large number of files or single large-sized video files hosted on AWS S3.
Here is where your input your credentials from AWS S3 to initiate your bulk upload in your Dacast account.
Note that the credentials must be entered exactly as it is shown in your amazon console. Before moving forward, we invite you to review how to create an AWS S3 bucket in this article.
Now, let’s take a closer look at each one of these credentials and how to get them step by step:
- Upload Name: this input will help you track your bulk upload with your wording. Feel free to apply your own name; this is nothing related to AWS S3.
Example of a valid upload name: My first bulk upload
- Bucket name: Sign in to AWS (Amazon Web Services) and go to your S3 Management Console.
Click on the name of the S3 bucket from the list.
If it’s still in its default access state, it should say “Buckets and objects not public” next to it.
Example of a valid bucket name: my-hosted-content
- Region: on your AWS account, click on the desired S3 bucket name.
Click on Properties Tab at the top.
Now you will see Region for the selected bucket along with many other properties.
Example of a valid region: us-east-1
- AWS IAM Access and IAM Secret Token
Open the IAM console.
From the navigation menu, click on Users.
Select your IAM user name.
Click User Actions, and then click Manage Access Keys.
Click Create Access Key.
Example of a valid IAM Access key ID: AKIAI7SFOCTF7EXAMPLE
Example of a valid Secret access key: wKalrXUtnTOTO/K7MDENG/bPvRfiCYEXAMPLEKEY
Please note that for security matters, your AWS S3 credentials are encrypted and will be deleted from our database after 24h of inactivity on the dedicated bucket.
- Add metadata: this option allows you to personalize metadata on the bulk upload contents through a .csv file.
To do so, the .csv file has to be structured as followed: <File Name> including extension (eg .mp4); <Description>; <Title>;
Any questions or need help/access to this feature? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- How to Delete Your Uploaded Videos
- Video Upload Tips for Streaming with Dacast
- If I Upload Video Content, Is it Available to Download Afterwards?