Since videos are typically large files, they can take a long time to upload. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to speed up the video upload process.
The first is to make sure you’re using an internet connection with adequate speed. Different connections run at different speeds, and the faster your speed the less time it will take for your file to upload.
Test your connection speed at TestMy.net.
If you’re on a slow connection and there are no other options, this is not the end of the world. It will simply take longer for your files to upload and share.
We recommend using wired connections when possible because they tend to be more reliable. If you’re experiencing long upload times or errors, try switching from Wi-Fi to a wired connection.
Pay attention to your file size. The larger the file the longer it will take for it to upload. Again, this will vary depending on your Internet connection speed.
We recommend reducing the video file size with Handbrake, a free tool that lets you compress file sizes.
Any questions about Dacast or do you need help/advice with this feature? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 30 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Explore Dacast’s Private Video Sharing Tools
- Learn About Video API on Dacast
- Build your Online Video Portal with Dacast Video Hosting
- Video Guide: How to Upload Videos on Both PC and Mac
- Video Guide: How to Upload Video via FTP
- After a Live Stream, Can I Upload My Videos to YouTube?
- Introduction to Live Streaming with Dacast: A Walkthrough
- Where is the Login and Password for HTML5 Channels?
- Protect Your Video Content With a Secure Streaming Solution
- Login and Password Workaround For Encoders on Live Streams
- How Much Does it Cost to Use Dacast