Can I Insert Closed Captions on a Dacast Live Stream?
What is a Closed Caption?
Closed captions refer to the visual display of the audio in a program, such as a TV broadcast.
The standards widely used for online video are:
– CEA-608, also known as Line 21
– CEA-708, the latest standard for digital television.
Does Dacast Support Closed Captioning in a Live Stream
Live captioning with 608 and 708 is possible with Dacast’s latest default player.
Note that broadcasters need to have their own infrastructure to insert closed captions to their live streams.
Can I Add Subtitles to Video Content on Dacast?
Yes, you canadd subtitles to on-demand video files (VOD) on Dacast. For more info on this topic, please check out our subtitles walkthrough to learn how to add subtitles to your videos.
If you have any questions about accessing or using the closed captions feature, feel free to contact us directly. Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Live Streaming Video Provider with 608/708 Caption Support
- 3 Must-Have Features for an OTT Streaming Solution
- Closed Captioning for Web Video Support with SRT and VTT Files
- Closed Captioning Video for Education: Why its Needed