What does GB stand for and how does it relate to Dacast?
GB is an abbreviation for gigabytes, this is a measure of data generally used to specific storage space on a platform or as a level of traffic for bandwidth, and is equal to roughly one billion bytes, or 1,073,741,824 bytes to be exact. Another measure for a gigabyte is that it is traditionally equal to 1,024 megabytes (MB). Dacast does a simpler metric where a GB is equal to 1000 MB, and similarly, a TB is equal to 1000 GB.
In terms of how this relates to Dacast, there are two ways. The first is from bandwidth, which refers to the amount of traffic caused by streaming (higher audience and higher bitrate translate into more bandwidth being consumed). The second is from the amount of storage given to accounts, which is measured in terms of GB.
If you have any questions about this feature, please contact us any time, Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Does Dacast Offer Discounts to Certain Types of Organizations?
- Does my Dacast Subscription Automatically Renew?
- How Do I Update my Billing Information?
- Mailinator and Yopmail Setup: Why Wont it Work on Dacast?
- What payment methods do you accept for my Dacast account?
- When does Event Plan Bandwidth expire?
- When Will I Be Billed?