What is Progressive Download and Does Dacast Support It?
Table of Contents
Progressive Download is a technique wherein video, or audio content can be watched while downloading to a computer or device. This process differs from streaming in that the file is saved to your computer during the process, although sometimes without the user knowing it and sometimes only temporarily.
Dacast uses a strictly streaming approach that does not support progressive download. This is due to the large volume of content behind paywalls for which a progressive download approach would be prohibited and allow people to take paid content and redistribute it to others easily.
Any questions or need help/access to this feature? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 30 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Introduction to Live Streaming with Dacast: A Step by Step Walkthrough
- What is an All-Device Video Player?
- What is an HTML5 Video Player
- How to Create a Live Stream Playlist in Dacast [VIDEO TUTORIAL]
- How to Produce a 24/7 Live Stream
- How to Choose a Video Streaming Solution
- How to Live Stream on Your Website
- Live Streaming Over-the-Top: How Does it Work
- How Do I Know How Many Viewers Viewed My Live Stream?
- New Dacast Analytics Platform: What You Need to Know
Stay up to date with our latest features and product releases