Can I Live Stream from South Africa?
Dacast has a lot of customers in South Africa and they don’t experience any particular problems due to their location. This is due to the CDN connection that Dacast utilizes (Limelight Networks), which has a server presence all over the world.
As recently as May 2018, Limelight networks had opened a new Point-Of-Presence (PoP) in South Africa. Limelight’s expansion into Africa follows positive signs of online traffic growth within the continent. According to CDN Intelligence Reports, the global mobile Content Delivery Network (CDN) market is predicted to reach US$70.3 billion by 2025. This is indicative of the continued growth of online video content, increasing the use of Internet services, and the rise of mobile web access.
Always go to www.testmy.net and click on the “Upload Speed Test” tab before starting to live stream to check out the available bandwidth you have for streaming. You should set your streaming bit rate to 75% or less of the reported Upload Speed and everything should be fine.
Any questions or need help/access to this feature? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Intro to Live Streaming: A Walkthrough
- Live Stream Recording Tutorial
- Is My Live Stream Auto-Recorded or Saved on the Video Platform?
- Creating a Playlist: Video Tutorial
- How to Use Dacast’s New Paywall
- Can I Place a Live Stream in a Playlist?
- Can I Use Full HD Content in My Playlist?
- Can I Make a Playlist for VOD Files?