Real Time video analytics allow broadcasters to gauge the success of their live streams as they happen. In this article, we are going to unload everything you need to know about the live video analytics feature of Dacast, including who has access to it, where to find it, and how to use it.
1. Who has access to Dacast Real Time Analytics
Live video analytics are available to broadcasters who are using HTML5 video players.
2. Where to Find the Real Time Analytics
To access the Real Time analytics feature you will need to go in the Live Streams section, select the live stream of your choice and then in the Analytics tab you will select “Real Time” as shown below:
3. How Do I Use Real Time Analytics?
First, select the live stream you are streaming on from your list of live streams.
You will see the following data:
- Concurrent Viewers By Time: Displays the average number of concurrent playback sessions. This gives you the number of total viewers watching your live stream in Real Time.
- Plays By Time: Displays the number of new playback sessions at a specific time. This gives you the number of new viewers starting your live stream in Real Time.
- Play Time Per Time: Displays the amount of seconds consumed at a specific time. This gives you the amount of seconds consumed in Real Time.
- Plays By Location: Displays the Data consumption per country. This gives you a global picture of the location of your viewers all over the world in Real Time.
By default, the Real Time analytics on your live stream is showing the last five minutes of your event and are updated every five seconds. You can change the time period. The options range from five minutes to two hours :
If you would like to access data for a period of time greater than two hours, please visit your main analytics section. You can access a complete walkthrough here. Want to familiarize yourself with Dacast’s platform and video analytics capabilities before committing? Try risk-free for 30 days.