Dacast Low Latency: What is the Live Streaming Latency on Dacast?
Low Latency Streaming
Dacasts new platform makes low latency streaming standards at every plan level. This means t o get low latency streaming set up, you simply need to select standard ( HTML5) or compatible (direct M3U8 format if this is available with your plan) as your stream type. You also cannot turn on the 30 Minute Rewind option.
What is Dacast’s Live Streaming Latency?
Both of these choices will give you access to a channel with about 12 to 15-second latency, which is considered low latency by industry standards. The actual latency you experience might be longer if your internet upload speed is slow or your encoder is using too much of your computers resources.
Any questions or need help/access to this feature? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- How to Set Up a Low Latency HTML5 Channel
- Low Latency Streaming: HLS Stream Ingest
- Streaming Media Solutions with Low Latency Integrated Option
- Low Latency Streaming Solutions with Dacast HLS Direct
- Introduction to Live Streaming: A Walkthrough/