Video Tutorial: How to Live Stream with OBS Studio for Mac
Before you begin, we recommend checking out our video tutorial on how to live stream with OBS Studio using a Mac.
What is Encoding?
Not familiar with encoding? Encoding is a process used to convert the RAW video files captured by a camera into digital files suitable for live streaming over the internet.
OBS Studio is an example of broadcasting software with integrated encoding features specific to live streaming. This means that the encoder feeds digital video files to the streaming platform in real-time.
Required Encoder Settings
The following settings are required for live streaming with Dacast, regardless of your selected resolution and bitrate:
|H.264 (x264 may work)
|25 or 30
|3 secs (or 3x frame rate)
|AUDIO SAMPLE RATE
|48 kHz (48,000 Hz)
Any questions or need help/access to this feature? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Quick Guide to Live Streaming with OBS Studio
- How Do I Stream Using the OBS Studio Dacast Encoder on Windows?
- OBS Tutorial for macOS Users
- OBS Tutorial Using the Dacast Version
- Best Encoding Software for Live Streaming
- Required Encoder Settings for Dacast