What is Bandwidth? What is the Definition of Bandwidth?
What is Data?
Bandwidth is a rate of transfer, generally a metric of how much data can be sent in a given period of time. Bandwidth, also known as Data, refers to the amount of data transfer caused by streaming.
How Does Data Relate to Streaming?
When streaming, the amount of Data you consume will be determined by the amount of viewers watching the stream or video and the quality of the renditions they are watching. A large audience watching a high quality stream will use more Data than a small audience watching a low quality stream.
You can use the Dacast Data calculator to estimate how much Data you will need.
However, before committing to a plan we strongly recommend speaking with one of our knowledgeable sales representatives to give you the most accurate estimate. Contact us at 855-896-9300.
Any questions or need help with our pricing plans or bandwidth calculator? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- How do I see my remaining bandwidth?
- What happens when you run out of bandwidth?
- How does overage protection work for bandwidth?
- Does Video Bandwidth Rollover on Dacasts Monthly Plans?
- Does streaming on Facebook consume bandwidth?
- Get an email alert when your bandwidth is low
- Dacast Pricing: How Much Does it Cost to Use the Unified Platform?
If you are unfamiliar with bandwidth and streaming, please use the calculator of our pricing page.