Bandwidth is a rate of data transfer, generally a metric of how much data can be sent in a given time period that is mandated by the stress and traffic caused on a server.
For Dacast, this refers to the amount of traffic caused by streaming (higher audience and higher bitrate translate into more bandwidth being consumed).
How Does Bandwidth Relate to Live and On Demand Video Streaming?
The bandwidth depends on how many viewers you are expecting, how long would they be watching, and the quality of your stream (low definition, medium definition, or high definition).
You can use the Dacast bandwidth calculator for an estimate of how much bandwidth you will need.
However, before committing to a plan we strongly recommend speaking with one of our knowledgeable sales representatives to give you the most accurate estimate. Contact us at 855-896-9300.
Any questions or need help with our pricing plans or bandwidth calculator? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 30 days? Sign up today to get started.
- How do I see my remaining bandwidth?
- What happens when you run out of bandwidth?
- How does overage protection work for bandwidth?
- Does Video Bandwidth Rollover on Dacast’s Monthly Plans?
- Does streaming on Facebook consume bandwidth?
- Get an email alert when your bandwidth is low
- Dacast Pricing: How Much Does it Cost to Use the Unified Platform?
If you are unfamiliar with bandwidth and streaming, please use the calculator of our pricing page.