How to Configure Paywall Monetization Settings
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of configuring your Dacast Paywall settings in your account.
This setting provides options for your viewers to choose which payment method they can use, it could be via Card purchase, or via PayPal.
Steps to set it up
- Login to your Dacast account.
- Click on the “Paywall” option on the left side.
- Select “Settings”
By default, “Card Purchases” is “On” and “Enable PayPal Purchases” is Off.
- To enable your viewers to pay with PayPal, toggle the PayPal switch to the right and check the box to agree to PayPal’s Terms User Agreement.
Note: PayPal requires that you agree to PayPal’s terms (which ban its use for adult content among other terms) in order to fully enable this option.
- If you are looking into using your Terms of Service for our viewers, you can upload one on the next option, as shown below:
6. Input the name you want to appear in your viewer’s receipts and bank account reports/statements.
Please click “Save” once your payment settings have been entered.
Types of Stream Monetization Available with Dacast
There are three methods of stream monetization offered by Dacast: SVOD, TVOD, and AVOD.
- SVOD is a subscription-based method that allows viewers to have unlimited access to a video library for as long as their subscription lasts. Subscriptions are typically weekly, monthly or quarterly.
- TVOD is most commonly known as pay-per-view. As the name suggests, viewers pay for what they want to watch. This is one of the most common live stream monetization methods.
- AVOD refers to ad-based monetization. You have the option to serve ads on your content. Ads are funded by your advertisers, so rather than paying out of pocket, your viewers pay for the content with a minute or so of their time. Advertisements can run before, during, or after the content. Ad-based monetization is used for both VOD and live stream monetization.
Any questions or need help/access to this feature? Please contact us. Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Video Monetization: How to Choose a Paywall Monetization Model
- How to Request Payment for Paywall Earnings
- Where Can I Check Received Payments in the New Back Office?
- How to use Dacast’s Paywall