There are a few different bits of information for you to review and digest when checking your video monetization stats from transactions on your Dacast paywall. In this post, we will cover how to access a description of your paywall transactions, description of your balance section, and how to set filters in your balance section. Please note that this tutorial is applicable for pay-per-view and subscription transactions, but not ad revenue.
A – Description of your Paywall Transactions
To access the description of your paywall transactions, please use the following steps:
- Log in to your Dacast account.
- Click on “Paywall” on the left side of the Back Office
- Select “Transactions”
From there, you should see this page:
This section displays all the operations that were made on your Dacast account during the on-going year. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BALANCE LINES MAY TAKE AN HOUR TO UPDATE AND DISPLAY IN YOUR ACCOUNT. If you want to access more operations, we invite you to download your CSV after choosing the time period you want (see section D for more details on the CSV).
B – How to Read the Transaction History
Before we get started, we’re going to briefly break down the different sections that you can expect to see on the following reports. Here are explanations for each of the 8 columns that you will find on the reports:
- Type: Type of operation that was made
- Viewer purchase (subscription and Pay per view)
- Payment (payment with the credit in your Dacast account)
- Viewer refund
- Broadcaster chargeback (refund or special credit received in your account)
- Content Name: When the operation is a viewer purchase, the name of the content is indicated under the “Content Name” column.
- Date: Created date (in UTC). The exact date the system recognizes and generates, based on transactions.
- Purchaser: When the operation is a viewer purchase, the email of the purchaser is indicated under the “Purchaser” column.
- Viewer Currency: Currency used for the operations.
- Price: The exact amount that got purchased by the viewer.
- Credit USD Balance: The exact amount credited on your account in USD.
- Please note that on the price you set up for your viewers, Dacast takes a small commission: 9.9% plus $0.40 on each viewer purchase. You can access the price and the number of fees for each viewer purchase in your CSV report (more information in section D).
- Debit USD Balance: the exact amount that got debited from your account (in case of a payment request or a refund).
C – Filters in Your Balance Section
You have the ability to filter your operations by keyword. This is particularly useful when you are looking for operations related to a specific piece of content or when you are looking for the purchase of a specific viewer or even for a specific currency. You can also narrow down the search by the specific start and end date.
Click “Apply” to see the filtered results.
D – How to Download Your CSV
We are currently working on this feature and will be made available soon on the new Dacast platform.
Any questions on our pricing plans or do you want to learn more about Dacast? Please contact us. Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 30 days? Sign up today to get started.