Free trial accounts are not limited in any way by the number of viewers.
But with a free trial, naturally there are limitations when it comes to bandwidth and storage. These are the only factors of course which would hamper your free trial, in terms of course of limited capacity. Free trials are given a maximum of 30 days upon sign-up and come with 10gb of bandwidth (for streaming) and 2gb of storage (for uploading VODs).
We feel that this would be a more than an adequate setup for one, to try out the platform and assess for themselves if Dacast would fit their streaming needs.
Now with viewership keep in mind that what affects bandwidth consumption are these factors:
- How often will your content be streamed?
- How many people will watch it?
- How long will they watch?
- The average video bitrate/quality you set it to
To know more about bitrates and encoder settings, you can refer to our Dacast live encoder configuration guide below.
Recommended Dacast Encoder Settings
To ensure your Dacast live stream is stable and fully functional, you MUST configure your encoder to use the settings defined on this page.
First, ensure you are following everything in the Common Settings section. Then select the most appropriate Resolution & Bitrate (depending on your needs) and configure all settings for that size exactly. Finally, be sure not to use any of the Unsupported Settings because they will very likely break your stream.
The following settings are required for live streaming with Dacast, regardless of your selected resolution and bitrate:
|VIDEO CODEC||H.264 (x264 may work)|
|FRAME RATE||25 or 30|
|KEYFRAME INTERVAL||2 secs (or 2x frame rate)|
|ENCODING BITRATE||Constant (CBR)|
|AUDIO BITRATE||128 kbps|
|AUDIO CHANNELS||2 (Stereo)|
|AUDIO SAMPLE RATE||48 kHz (48,000 Hz)|
Resolution & Bitrate Settings
Please select one of the following configurations and ensure your encoder is set up with these exact settings to help prevent streaming issues:
|Name||Ultra-Low Definition||Low Definition||Standard Definition||High Definition||Full High Definition|
|Video Bitrate (kbps)||350||350 – 800||800 – 1200||1200 – 1900||1900 – 4500|
|Resolution Width (px)||426||640||854||1280||1920|
|Resolution Height (px)||240||360||480||720||1080|
Note that the following settings are unsupported and will break your stream:
- Baseline H.264 Profile
- Interlaced Scanning
Any questions or need help/access to this feature? Please contact us.
You can check out what type of plan would best suit your needs on our live streaming pricing page.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 30 days? Sign up today to get started.
- An Introduction to Live Streaming
- How Do I Know How Many Viewers Viewed My Live Stream?
- New Dacast Analytics Platform: What You Need to Know
- How to Create a Price and a Promo Code
- How Many Different Promo Codes Can I Have for Pay-Per-View?
- How to Apply Group Prices
- Does the Promo Code Limit Refer to Users?
- The Ultimate Guide to Video Monetization for Broadcasters
- What is Video Monetization and Does Dacast Support It?
- How to Successfully Monetize Video in a World of Free Content