How To Upgrade My Account on Dacast
Table of Contents
This will guide you through upgrading your account. Before to decide to upgrade your plan, you can take a look at your current plan under “Account” > “Plan”, where you will see more details about the current data of your plan:
Whatever your plan is, to upgrade you will have 2 options:
- Click on the button in the top right of your screen.
- Or go in the UPGRADE section of your account:
1) Upgrade from a free trial
To remove the limitations of a trial account such as the channel restriction, the viewers limit, and the paying transcoding, you will need to purchase a plan. 3 types of plans are available:
- Starter plan
- Event plan
- Scale plan
* If you have high volume needs, we also offer the possibility to customize a plan tailored to your enterprise. Our Annual plans are the best option if you are a recurring broadcaster. According to your bandwidth consumption, your storage usage, and your viewer audience you can choose between:
A discount (-25%) is provided for an annual scale plan because this is a prepaid plan.
If you prefer month-to-month instead (this option is not available for Starter or Event plan) you can select MONTHLY in the drop-down menu as shown below:
Note that the Event plan is ideal for organizations that stream events once, occasionally, or on an irregular schedule, and don’t want to have a recurring monthly payment. It offers 6,000 GB of bandwidth, 50 GB of storage, and costs just $750/year. Additional data and storage can be added as needed.
All event plan bandwidth expires 12 months (1 year) after being purchased. Under the “Starter Plan”, you will see a note mentioning that the features marked with an ” * ” are available for the first 6 months. That means that after 6 months, you will have to upgrade from Starter to an above plan to keep those premium features.
To see the list of features included in each plan, you will have to click on the “View all features” link as shown below:
2) From a Starter plan
You can decide to upgrade your Starter plan to an Event or Scale one anytime. To do so, you just have to purchase the plan that best suits your needs:
- Scale or Event.
- Annual or monthly.
Then please contact us and we will grant you the prepaid data from your Starter plan.
3) From an Event plan
You can decide to upgrade your Event plan to a Scale one anytime. To do so, you can just purchase an annual or monthly premium plan, and then please call us so we grant you the prepaid data from your Event plan. You also have the possibility to downgrade your plan in case you realize that your needs will be covered by a starter plan. To do so please contact us so they can find the best solution according to your bandwidth consumption.
4) From a Scale Plan
As for a Scale Plan, in case you change your mind before the end of your commitment, you can always call us to downgrade it. According to your needs and your bandwidth consumption, we will offer you the best solution. NOTE: If you are not sure about what plan best fits your needs, you can get an estimation via our pricing page, and based on your content, the number of viewers, stream duration, and storage requirement, we will provide you the Recommended Plan and/or data needed:
We invite you also to contact us anytime via our chat online to get further information and help regarding our different plans.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Intro to Live Streaming: A Walkthrough
- Simulcast Streaming: How to Live Stream to Multiple Locations
- The Ultimate Guide to Live Streaming Events & Supporting Services
- How to Live Stream an Event: 5 Considerations for Getting Started
- 7 Live Streaming Solutions for Broadcasting Private Events
- Top Video Streaming Platforms for Broadcasting Live Events