How Do I Set Up a Backup Stream on Dacast?
In preparation for the rare instance when the Stream URL or Server URL does not work, Dacast provides a back-up URL in case you encounter issues with the primary stream URL.
The back-up URL can be found at the very last part of the “Encoder Setup” page on your live channel, as shown below:All you need to do is copy / paste the “Backup URL” in your encoder to start using it.
The example backup URL on this screenshot of is:
If you have any questions about live streaming setup or need help with this Dacast feature, feel free to contact us directly.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Introduction to Live Streaming with Dacast: A Walkthrough
- How to Setup Live Streaming Video on Your Website
- Why are My Streaming Video and Audio Out of Sync?
- Why Do I See a “Sorry, This Media is Offline” Message?
- Web Browser Compatibility with Dacast’s Live Streaming Platform