One of Dacast’s strong points is that it offers a wide variety of preference customization. This quality is valuable because it gives you access to the broadcasting experience that best suits your unique needs.
To get started, log into your Dacast account at app.dacast.com, and click the “Settings” option on the left side of the Back Office Menu:
In this section, there are five general options:
Let’s go through these settings one by one.
Encoding recipes allow you to encode your videos during upload so they can be played immediately.In this section, you will be able to select between our “standard” recipe (HD, SD, ULD, Magic) or create your own recipe by selecting up to six encodings presets from different renditions choices.
The embed option allows you to choose how you wish to embed your videos. For the embed size, you will be able to choose between “Responsive” and “Fixed.”
If you choose “Responsive,” your videos will automatically resize to fit their container.
If you choose “Fixed,” videos will default to the width you fix, and their height will be determined automatically based on aspect ratio.
In the security settings, you will be able to set up some restrictions to protect your streams:
- Password protection: Viewers must enter a password to access your content.
- Content scheduling: The content will only be available between the times/dates you provide.
- Geo-Restriction: Restrict access to your content to specific countries and regions.
- Domain Control: Restrict access to your content to specific websites.
If you need more information to set up domain control and geo-restrictions, we invite you to take a look at our dedicated tutorial.
Themes specify how your video player will look and behave for specific live streams, videos, and playlists.
If you need help customizing your video player themes, we invite you to take a look at our step by step player customization guide.
In the engagement section, you will see different options that will allow you to engage with your viewers including:
- Advertising: Ads configured here will apply to all your content and can be overridden individually. Be aware that mid-roll ads will only play if the video/stream duration is long enough. Although ads are an option, you can also opt for ad-free streaming.
- Brand Image: You can add your logo or a specific image, which will display on the video player on top of the content. This way, you have the option to remove the Dacast logo and use your own.
You can also customize your streams by displaying different texts during or at the end of your stream:
- Brand Text: This will display on the video player on top of the content.
- End Screen Text: This will be displayed when the content ends.
Do not forget to click “Save” after each set-up change to keep your new video preferences.
Please note that none of those settings have any restrictions by default. Any change made via the Global “Settings” we just reviewed, will be applied for all your future streams:
Of you want to apply restrictions for a specific stream, we recommend using the settings menu (as shown below) directly in the “Video” or “Live Stream” you want to modify.
If you have any questions about video settings and preferences or need help with this Dacast feature, feel free to contact us directly.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 30 days? Sign up today to get started.
- How to Configure Dacast Payment Settings in the New Video Platform
- Setting Promo Codes on Dacast
- Where are the Username and Password for HTML5 Live Channels?
- Are There Any Limitations with Dacast Free Trials?
- Can I Request a Payout on a Free Trial Account?
- How Do I Upgrade from a Dacast Free Trial Account to a Normal Account?