Why is My Audio Playing without Video on iOS Devices?
Most often this problem is the result of using VP6 set up as the video codec, as shown below:
What is an Encoder?
Both audio and video codecs have to do with your live stream encoder.
Encoding is a process used to convert the RAW video files captured by a camera into digital files suitable for live streaming over the internet. This process uses either a hardware or software encoder.
Required Live Encoder Settings
|VIDEO CODEC||H.264 (x264 may work)|
|FRAME RATE||25 or 30|
|KEYFRAME INTERVAL||3 secs (or 3x frame rate)|
|ENCODING BITRATE||Constant (CBR)|
|AUDIO BITRATE||128 kbps|
|AUDIO CHANNELS||2 (Stereo)|
|AUDIO SAMPLE RATE||48 kHz (48,000 Hz)|
Any questions or need help/access to this feature? Please contact us.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 14 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Suggested H.264 Encoder Settings
- Does Dacast Support x264 Streaming?
- Live Video Streaming with the Larix Broadcaster Mobile App
- How to Use Wirecast for Live Event Streaming
- Multi-Bitrate Streaming with vMix and Wirecast: What You Need to Know
- Wirecast: What to Do When You Get an Error Publishing Stream
- Introduction to Live Streaming: A Walkthrough
- New Transcoding Limits on VOD
- Transcoding: Everything You Need to Know