Dacast does not provide customer support for the viewers, but only to its customers.
If you are interested in live customer support for your viewers, this may be possible at an extra cost via our professional services. Contact us from within your Dacast account directly if you are interested.
The promo code limits apply to uses, not users. In other words, a promo code set to a limit of 1 can only be used once.
This is true even if the same user that used it the first time attempts to apply it a second time.
You do not need to worry about that. Our new secure paywall prevent multiple logins at the same time. This means that several viewers cannot share the same login following a single purchase and watch the content simultaneously. If you still have questions about it, please feel free to reach out to us 24/7.
- Your viewers pay the PPV or subscription in whatever currency pricing you set up in your Dacast account.
- Dacast collects the money and converts the amount in USD – The conversion rate is applied in real-time by Stripe and Paypal. Dacast can retrieve the conversion rate for each transaction.
- Dacast takes its fee (9.9%, plus $0.40 on each viewer purchase.)
- Dacast pays you back the net revenue in USD when you request your payment.
You can create an infinite number of prices per content.
Dacast will give you back your paywall revenue in USD.
Your viewers will be refunded in the currency of their initial purchase.
It is not possible to watch simultaneously a video content with the same login. So even if a viewer shares his login, no one will be able to access the video content at the same time.
In general, a subscription is a viewer paying to access something as much as they want over a fixed amount of time. Pay Per View, on the other hand, is someone paying directly to access something. For example, someone can set up an annual subscription where viewers can watch uploaded content as much as they like over that year. While someone else can set up a pay-per-view for a 2 hours program where someone gets to watch only 2 hours of content and nothing more.
DaCast supports both models.
Credit card and Paypal can be used when purchasing a PPV or a subscription. Please note that with Paypal, your viewers will have access to less currency options compared to credit card.
However, if you need a specific currency that you do not see in your paywall, please contact us.
Your viewers will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your viewers can also contact this same email address if they are facing an issue such as:
- resolving username and password problems
- payment processing assistance and problem resolution
- assistance with navigating around application menus
- account and subscription management
- voucher code usage assistance
We will pay you in USD, and so if your bank or PayPal charges a conversion fee then yes. However, if you were a user of the previous DaCast paywall and had a balance in EUR that was converted, we will pay that balance to you in EUR with no additional fees charged.