This guide, provided by one of our fellow broadcasters, will help you streaming with Switcher Studio. / Please note that this tutorial is valid for Flash channels and iOS devices only. 1/ Login to your Switcher Studio account If you do not have an account with Switcher Studio, you can create a free account at https://switcherstudio.com. It is free for 7 days and does not require any credit card to sign up. Once your account has been created, you should see this: 2/ create a new channel in the Switcher Studio dashboard In the the left menu, please select “Channel Setting”. Then click on “Add channel” as shown below: The following window should appear:
- Name your channel
- Copy paste the stream URL from your DaCast flash channel into the field “Server URL”
- Copy paste the stream name from your DaCast flash channel into the field “Stream KeyID”
As a reminder, to get the information of your DaCast flash channel:
- Log in into your DaCast account
- Select the flash channel you want to stream on or create a new flash channel
- Go under the section “encoder section” and take note of the stream URL and stream name displayed in the step 3 as shown below:
3/ Getting Your Channel Setting Ready In The Switcher Studio dashboard.
- select “OUTPUT”
- select “CUSTOM RTMP”
- select the DaCast channel you want to stream on. This channel will be set to the default streaming destination in the future.
7/ Click on “Rec+Broadcast” to go live If “Streaming Video Platform” is selected, the “Live” video output will be wirelessly broadcast via the Internet to the RTMP iOS channel of your Dacast account. Switcher Studio will also record the video output of your production to the main switching device. If “Local Recording Only” is selected, the app will not broadcast video and instead, will only record the video locally on the switching device.